Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First Ultrasound!



I had my first Ultrasound on March 5th (sorry this is a picture of a picture, not cool enough for a digital copy yet). It was so amazing. Granted it was not what I was expecting (being a vaginal one and all), but still totally amazing. At first it showed two blobs on the screen, I was like "Uh-Oh! Twins!", but then she explained that one of the blobs was the yolk sac that kept the pregnancy going until the placenta took over. Fewww! Twins would be fun, but not for the first pregnancy. So no worries just one little blob in there. I was able to see the heart beating. That was honestly the most exciting thing about the whole thing. Jeff wasn't there with me because he was in California, but I was able to show him the picture of our blob. The next one will be a little more interesting for him. Anyway the ultrasound confirmed my due date as October 22nd. That will be fun because my little bro's is on the 20th. Who knows maybe they will even have the same birthday! It's amazing that anything is in my uterus right now, cause I sure don't feel pregnant (knock on wood)! The funny thing about this appointment is that I totally had to lie to my mom. I know I know your not supposed to lie, but when you are trying to keep a secret it's ok. My mom flew into town that night and needed me to pick her up. Well she was able to get on an earlier flight, so she got into Denver at about 4:45. I normally work until 5, but was able to get off early for this appointment. Well just like all doctor's offices, they were running way behind. My 30min appointment turned in to an hour and a half, AGAIN! So I had to fib and tell her that they wouldn't let me off early. She had to wait at the airport for about 45 minutes. I felt bad, but she forgave me. She'll really forgive me when she finds out where I really was! Hopefully I won't have lie too much more!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Did you really post this almost two months ago? How did I miss it? I read your blog often! Tricky tricky...