Thursday, March 5, 2009

First Appointment

The day I found out I was pregnant I made a doctor's appointment. I didn't have an OBGYN set up already, but I did have the office in mind where I wanted to go. It's very convenient because it's connected to the hospital where I work. With me having work hours (8:30-5) that aren't very convenient for making appointments, I can just go there on my lunch break. I was able to make an appointment for the next Monday after the discovery. They said that the appointment would only take about 30 minutes, so I planned my break around that. Well it took them about 15 minutes just to get me back to the exam room, another 15 minutes of just waiting. There goes my lunch. Well this was not a 30 minute exam. It was more like an 1:15 minute exam. The Doctor wanted to go over everything. Then of course there was the strip down part of the exam. You know the one where they make you put on that gown that makes you feel more naked when your wearing it than when your not. I won't go into the embarrassing details, I just wish I had been warned when I made the appointment that my Doctor was REALLY going to get to know me. I guess I'd better get used to it, it's just gonna get worse. So a fun appointment to start it all out with. When I returned to work nobody really asked any questions as to where I'd been. Jeff didn't do a very good job at covering for me. He just told people he didn't know where I was. Oh well no harm done, we still have our little secret. My next appointment I will be getting my first ultrasound. I'm really excited for that one.

No comments: