Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Families Are Forever!!!




I had one of the best weekends ever! Friday March 6th I was able to attend the temple with my grandma Foster, aunt Trudy, uncle Karl, cousin Stephanie, friend Kathleen, and my mom. It's the first time my grandma has been back to the temple in a VERY long time. She has not been active in the church ever since I've known her. She lives in Wyoming and I had no idea that she was going back to church, and even taking missionary lessons! She decided sometime around Christmas that she was going back to the temple. She decided she was ready, so on March 6th was able to return to the temple. It was such an amazing experience. We first had the opportunity to witness her, my aunt, and my grandpa (by proxy) be sealed together! My dad was already sealed to them when they went through the temple the first time, but his sisters were not there. My aunt said she had been waiting over 26 years for this. It just goes to show that it's never too late! After the sealing we attended an endowment session together. It was really neat to watch her, and wonder what she was thinking. She looked so beautiful, and so angelic. It was an experience that I will lock away in my heart and memory forever. I hope I will get to attend the temple more with her while she is still here. She is my only grandparent that I've been able to attend the temple with. My grandpa passed away a little over 5 years ago, and I could tell he was so proud of her, and that he was there with us on that special day. I don't have pictures of that special day yet, but as soon as I get some I'll be sure to post them. I love you grandma and the example that you are to me.

1 comment:

Tim & Tash said...

that's so awesome! I'm glad that you got to go with her and be a part of that experience!