Saturday, June 28, 2008

Birthday Weekend

I should have posted this on Monday but I just didn't take the time. Oh well better late than never. It was my birthday on Monday (the 23rd) so we decided to get away for the weekend. To start the weekend off Jeff surprised me at work with a bouquet of flowers. They're gorgeous. Thank you my sweet husband! When I got off work we packed up our things and took off to the the family cabin in Allens Park, CO. On Saturday we spent the day in Estes Park (about 30 min from the cabin). We started off at Lake Estes and rented ourselves a kayak. I'd never kayaked before, and it showed. Jeff got a little frustrated with me but then decided to calm down and teach me how to properly row. So after an hour of getting wet with only a little bit of sun coming out to dry us off, we headed back to the marina. We hung out by the lake and had lunch. After lunch we rented a couple of scooters. We had a blast going through the back parts of Estes that we never get to see. It was a beautiful ride. We ended our ride going through main street. It was crowed with plenty of tourists. On our way back to the rental shop we were passed up by three trike motorcycles. They all turned and waved, laughed, hooted and hollered. It was hilarious. Before we headed back to the cabin we made the traditional stop at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I had the best caramel apple, and Jeff got chocolate covered toffee....ummm yum. We thoroughly wore ourselves out, so we ended up taking a nice long nap. On Sunday we just enjoyed the peace and quiet that the cabin has to offer. We mostly read and napped. On Monday we forced ourselves to go back to our normal lives. Since it was my birthday we celebrated with a delicious lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. Jeff had an appointment later that afternoon to get the pins in his toes taken out. I'm sorry I didn't have my camera with me this time. But they pretty much look the same as the do in the other pictures. He had the stitches and the pins removed, and he brought normal shoes with him in the hopes of wearing them out of there. He was very disappointed when that didn't happen. But not to worry he was able to put some flip flops on a few days later. He still can't wear normal shoes but he isn't giving up hope that it will happen soon. So that wraps up our enjoyable weekend, hope you enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

Kelli Eudis said...

I didn't even know it was your birthday!! Bummer. Well, HAPPY "LATE" BIRTHDAY to you. We need to hang out, and also I wish we could've come with you guys to the cabin, we will have to plan a special trip before summer is over.

ABSOLUTELY NORMAL CHAOS said...

Happy Birthday!!