Tuesday, March 30, 2010

17 inches.......GONE!


I finally did it. I've talked about it for months and months. Just ask Jeff, he told me to "Poop or get off the pot". I guess he was sick of hearing me talk about it. I hesitated for so long that a friend of mine finally just made the appointment for me. She and I went together to get our hair done. It was funny, the hair dresser didn't know what was coming. I showed her the picture and all she could say was "Wow!". I think because I was thinking and talking about it for several months I wasn't even nervous when the time came to just do it. I was really excited about it actually. She did an awesome job. I absolutly love it! Now I just need to color it. This is the first time my hair has been it's natural color since I was in high school. It's too plain, that's why I color it. It feels so weird not having any hair on my neck, or to run my fingers through. It totally feels like I'm wearing a wig, a cute wig! I'll be sending 14 inches of it to Locks of Love. It's the first time I've donated my hair, so I'm happy to do it. She ended up cutting a total of 17 inches! The most I have ever cut at one time. Sad, but good too. Here is my little goodbye note that I wrote on my Facebook page:
Dear luscious locks, you have been so good to me the past 4 years. We have had our good and bad times. You look fantastic when I want you too, you don't fly away, and you hold your color like a champ. I love the compliments that I get because of you (the old ladies especially love to compliment and touch you). You have so many different looks it's hard to choose which way to wear you. My favorite though is when you are long and curly I feel so pretty when you hold that curl. I'm sad to say that our time has come to move on. You must go now to someone who needs you more than I. Someone who isn't able to grow you the way I can. I hope they will enjoy you as much as I have. Be good to them, and continue to look as beautiful as ever. Tomorrow will be a sad, but great day, a change for both of us. Goodbye long beautiful hair, you will be missed.

Oh my gosh it really is gone, AHHHH!

Like it so far

WOW! Is that really 14 inches

Don't cry Kaylor, it'll grow back so that you can grab it and pull on it again!

So SHORT!

This is Caity, the one who made me go!


3 comments:

Cagney and Laci said...

Wow! What a change. So proud of you for doing it, your new hair looks great. You must feel like you lost 10 lbs.

Tim & Tash said...

I can't get over how cute it is! Funny I'm on the other end. My hair hasn't been past my shoulders since I had Kaitlyn, and so I'm growing it out.... for now.

Bryan & Reiko said...

It looks great. A very brave thing to do.