Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hawaii

We were very excited to be going to Hawaii

Cam and I in Hilo

Dorks in a Banyan tree

Totally random picture.

Jeff pretending to "Snot Rocket" the waterfall...so gross!

Dorky tourists!

Akaka Falls


The last stop on our long drive...What a way to end the day!

Dorks in front of the Thurston Lava Tubes

More dorks at Volcano National Park

Cam and I at Black Sand Beach

Making our way around the island

This was a bull with HUGE horns that we saw while taking a drive around the island.

The girls did a session at the Kona Temple.

One of MANY turtles that we saw.

Grandma Foster and I

Jeff being a dorky tourist! Haha love you honey!

Jeff and I were able to go to Hawaii a couple of weeks ago. We had an absolute blast! Most of my family was there with us which made it all the more fun. There were many highlights of this trip to make it a memorable one, but two that stand out the most. #1 is that we told my parents that they were going to be first time grandparents. We got this on video and it's priceless. I'll be posting that next. #2 happened the second night we were there. Jeff, my dad, my little brother Cameron, my mom and I all went on a night dive/snorkel with Manta rays. My dad and Cameron were the scuba divers, and Jeff, myself, and my mom were the snorkelers. We were told that the night before there were about 20 Manta rays that showed up, so we were pretty much guaranteed to see at least one. Well we weren't disappointed. After about 5 minutes of being in the water we were approached by a huge Manta. We were holding flashlights which attracted plankton, which the Manta's were feeding on. The Manta's were swimming right up to us. We literally had them coming as close as a few inches of us. If we had reached out to touch them we could have, but that's a big no no so we didn't. However there were a few that were bouncing off my dad and Cameron. There were at least 20 Manta's that showed up that night. We got a video of that night, it was soooooooo amazing! One to remember forever, and to defiantly do again! I recommend it to anyone looking to go to Hawaii and that likes to scuba dive or snorkel. We had many more memories to last a lifetime, what a great trip!

1 comment:

MEG said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! Thanks for the snot rocket picture! That was great!