Sunday, October 5, 2008

Race for the Cure









































My mom is in town this weekend, and one of the things we made plans to do was the Denver Race for the Cure. We decided to race it this year because it we General Conference weekend, and the race was early enough that we could get back in time to watch the first Sunday session. It was a great turn out. Denver was trying to get their title back for "biggest race in America" by having more than 67,000 people there. I think they succeeded. We were seeing jersey numbers in the 68,000's. I was amazed at how many people there were. This was my first year doing it, and I would love to do it again in the future. If it doesn't land on Conf. weekend again then I'll defiantly sleep for the cure still. I felt especially thankful to be able to do it this year. I work in the Medical Imaging department at my hospital, and I personally send out letters to women everyday telling them their results to their mammograms. I don't send out many abnormal result letters, but when I do my heart goes out to them. I hope by walking today I did some good for the cure.

No comments: